|Early Bird Meet Recap|| |
May 16, 2012
the team competed at the Early Bird meet and despite the very long
waits achieved some strong performances. In choosing meets we
try to select good facilities and length of meets and their
administration. Hopefully in the future the hosting team will
follow national USA rules and established timelines! (The four hour
The Lee Summit facility continues to be a "fast" pool which was evidenced by some outstanding early season swims!
- Will Vance achieved a 3A (zone) qualifying time placing first among all 13-14 boys in the 100 back! His 200free time missed 3A(zones) by .27! (3rd place) and an A time in the 100fly, placing 6th!
- Cassie Grunhard had an outstanding day achieving a 2A time in the 50free, placing 9th. She qualified for D1 in all her events and swam a very strong 200free just missing 2A and placing 5th!
- Clara Taylor made all D2 times with an A time in the 50free.
- Lydia Kernen achieved a D2 time in the 50back and two B times in 100br and 200free.
- Elena Kernen had four strong races and just missed breaking 40 in the 50free.
- William Kersting, 8, swam the 50 fr and 50 back in the 12 + under division with best times!
- Alex and Max Hdz-Nietling after an outstanding short course season in the 10+under division, started their 11-12 careers achieving D2 times in all of their events.
- Franceska Hdz-Nietling swam four events qualifying four D2 times in 100fly, 100back, 200br and 400medley.
- Addyson Howard achieved a B time in the 50free.
- Martin Glebrocki qualified D1 in 50free(4th) and 100fly(7th).
- Brandon Maddick achieved an A time in the 50free just missing D1 and achieved D2 in the 100back.
- Trevor Thomas achieved a D2 time in the 50free and BB time in the 200free.
- Alex Albracht placed 6th in the 200brstk with a 2A time. And last week earned his Eagle Scout Recognition Award.
- Chloe Stanford was impressive achieving two A times in the 50free and 100fly as well as qualifying three D2 standards. Keep your eyes on this swimmer. Fast times ahead!
- Cailey Grunhard was 4th (200br), 7th (100fly) and 14th (200free) achieving all D1 and two 2A qualifying times.
- Our next meet is in Topeka the first weekend of June!